The Assistant Estimator will provide support to our estimators, and independently undertake tenders on simpler projects.
Attend tender meetings with client representatives, assessing project sites and reporting back to others in the bid team.
Produce schedules of work, along with subcontract and material take offs.
Produce and send enquiries to suppliers and subcontractors inviting them to tender.
Engagement with our supply chain, responding to any queries, maintaining document control and distribution to suppliers and subcontractors along with others in the bid team.
Obtain and analyse quotations, liaising with Estimators and Contracts Managers regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
Attend and contribute to bid meetings with the rest of of the bid team including tender adjudication meetings.
Provide advice and support to the site team for hand-over of successful projects to the Contract Delivery Team.
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Have knowledge and experience in commercial aspects of construction.
- Have good mathematics skills.
- Have good skills in IT.
- Be methodical, well organised and able to work to deadlines.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have high attention to detail.
- Have good customer services skills and be able to convey a professional image that reflects the values of the business.
- Be adaptable, self-motivated and able to work in a demanding and dynamic environment with shifting deadlines and priorities.
Degree, Higher National Diploma or a Higher Certificate in relevant subjects such as building surveying. A full UK Driving Licence is essential.
Competitive salary and package depending on experience.
Sienna Construction Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.