We were delighted to secure this educational project through an open tendering process and have the chance to work with a brand new client, West Berkshire District Council. We have been appointed as the main contractor to deliver a new single storey kitchen facility.
As with our approach to all projects of this nature, careful planning of the works has been carried out to ensure we reduce any potential impacts on the day to day school activities.
Our works can be summarised as follows:
- Partial demolition of existing kitchen
- Excavation of ground to provide suitable foundations for extension.
- New block/beam floor to extension to match existing floor levels.
- Traditional twin leaf wall construction to match existing finishes.
- New timber roofing with flat and pitched elevations with design coverings, roof lights and ventilation.
- New alterations to surface/foul water drainage systems.
- New surface water attenuation tank externally.
- Extending existing service pit/duct runs.
- Lifting operations to install steel supports into position within high level.
- Alterations to internal wall for roller openings.
- New access/emergency doorways.
- Installation of new mechanical and electrical system, testing and commissioning.
- High level roof lights to provide additional natural light source.
- New internal doors with finishing works.
- Decoration to new and disturbed surfaces in-line with design brief.
- Floor finishes throughout.
Client: West Berkshire District Council