Sienna has been working alongside SSE upon various substation schemes since its formation. We are proud to say that this has now become a specialist area for our company.
This project comprises works involving drainage, construction of storage facilities, reconstruction of concrete slab & coated external surfaces.
Specific works include
- Demolition of existing structures
- Conservation works to listed building and wall- Take down and rebuild to conservation standards.
- Refurbishment of existing windows
- Re-roofing works
- Piling works
- Re-enforced concreting works
- Breaking out existing surfaces.
- Drainage works
- Installation of a modular building on site.
- Construction of new bunded enclosure and material storage areas.
- Pavement works- Concrete and Asphalt
- Palisade Fencing
- External improvements to the concreate yard areas.
- Regular liaison with conservation officer
Site specific issue
This project faced many of the normal issues which can arise when working upon listed building. On this particular project we uncovered an issue with the retaining wall, the road running alongside was putting extensive weight and pressure upon the wall resulting in a structure that was unsafe. We therefore put forward within a design review meeting a sheet piling solution to reinforce the wall to conservation standards. Our approach was accepted by the design team and not only did this solution rectify the problem it also offered significant cost savings to our client.