We were appointed in 2017 to construct this brand new substation to facilitate the proposed network upgrade from National Grid, East Claydon to Bicester.
The works involved:
- Alterations to the highway verge to form the main access roadway to site including culvert with headwall for land drain ditch. (Section 278 Works).
- Strip off compound area and create hard standing with type 1 materials on Terrmam layer.
- Set out new roadway to OS details and begin top soil strip.
- Construct new roadway as design drawings to provide vehicle access to all areas.
- Construction of below ground cable duct blocks between switch house and adjacent structures.
- Reduction of ground levels around footprint for substation.
- Construction of foundations.
- Supply and erection of steel framed building.
- Cladding to building structure.
- Internal fit-out, decoration and floor finishes.
- Construction of new transformer enclosures with bunding capacity.
- Construction of independent concrete bases to support apparatus.
- Install drainage system.
- Install perimeter security including kerbs/fencing.
- Recycling of all materials generated during the construction process.